Thursday, April 27, 2006

Wordpress widget

I've made a wordpress widget to let subscribers login from the front page of the blog instead of the seperate login page. This lame page was created so that maybe it can be improved upon.

Currently the widget redirects back to the home page when someone logs in. I haven't tackled the URI trickery to get it to redirect to the current page.

fplogin.php.tar.gz
Original login code borrowed from http://www.ioerror.us/2005/04/14/wordpress-sidebar-login-form-hack/
and converted to Widget.

any improvements and suggestions appreciated.

7 Comments:

Blogger henry said...

I find this works fine in Firefox but not IE. In IE the user is logged in OK, but the first page continues to display the login form, not the "Logged in as..." message. The other pages display the "Logged in as..." message OK.

I'm baffled.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Don Cullen said...

Works fine for me on both IE and Firefox. Your IE probably has automatic redirection disabled or something.

8:19 AM  
Blogger cs said...

Installed plugin fine, but it does not look right. The text and form fields are offset in my theme. Is there some settings in the code somewhere to fix that?

I've looked and can't find anything obvious.

Thanks!

7:26 PM  
Blogger clarissa said...

beautiful...exactly what my theme was missing.

5:02 PM  
Blogger starwolf said...

Hi,

I managed to get this working ok, but does anyknow how to stop it from displaying site admin link.

I added a my profile link instead so now I want to remove the site admin one.

its a great plugin and thanks for sharing it.

Thanks

Martin

4:47 PM  
Blogger adam brown said...

look this is the "diet" i told you about you should really enter the site :) bye enter the site

7:08 PM  
Blogger barb michelen said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home